We have decided to donate 10% of the sale from our prints to a legitimate and ethical organization every year.
After thoroughly researching and comparing motives, policies, and programs of many different organizations, we decided to donate to "Stray Cat Alliance" for 2018.
WHY WE CHOSE THE STRAY CAT ALLIANCE
- We tried to compromise somewhere in the middle of the charitable spectrum; not an organization with very little reviews or following, but not an organization that seemed to have an overwhelming amount of support already either.
- They have a fantastic strict adoption agreement - you can read it here.
- They are a no-kill shelter.
- They have a no-declawing policy.
- They are an active member of social media, which helps when trying to reach as many people/donors/homes/volunteers as possible.
- They keep their website up-to-date and active with all news.
- Most importantly, it was recommended to us by the most people/friends who have been following this project.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF WE REALLY DONATE TO THEM?
Every time you purchase one of our prints, we will be sending the 10% percentage to the organization via PayPal. Afterwards, we will be happy to send you proof of donation.
On PayPal's notes for the donation, we will by default write your name as donor - or you can remain anonymous if you wish.
WILL GGOTW DONATE TO OTHER ORGANIZATIONS IN THE FUTURE?
Yes. We are planning on changing organizations every year.
In 2019, we plan to donate to the FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis) foundation in honor of all the cats and owners that had to fight this fatal disease.