PARTICIPATE IN GGOTW PROJECT
If you ended up on this page, then it is an honor that you consider participating in our Fine Art project! Thank you for your interest! We are sure that you have some questions about what is required or how it will even work!
WHY DO WE NEED PARTICIPANTS?
We do not actually need participants for this project, because we will always have different colored Maine Coons since we are breeders. Also, this is a small side project that we work on when we are not traveling for our bigger projects.
However! Without your support this project wouldn't be able to grow - and definitely not at that speed. In addition to that, it would be great to travel across the United States and photograph Maine Coons that aren't ours and actually mean something more to the people that purchase our prints. We could travel with ours, but it wouldn't be such an engaging project this way. Aside from this, it's a way of photographers to thank you.
WHAT IS THE FEE FOR SUCH A PHOTOSHOOTING?
To be completely honest, it would cost about $500 a day to just rent our Leica camera. The actual photoshoot fee would be much more if you consider the time and work spent on one single picture. However; we will not ask any of this. What we will ask is just the travel cost - which can be split between Maine Coon owners or breeders that live in the same State.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
To be able to fulfill a photoshoot like this, there are many factors that need to be considered.
- You have to have a purebred registered Maine Coon. Nothing wrong with mixes or strays, but the GGOTW project is specifically about Maine Coons.
- Your Maine Coon needs to have had its' vaccinations, and be healthy - so there's no risk of illness contamination to ours through clothes etc.
- Your Maine Coon needs to be socialized and not scared of environmental sounds. We will not force any cat to be photographed.
- Your Maine Coon needs to be used to a leash. We will not photograph a cat without certain safe measurements.
- Your Maine Coon needs to be at least combed - not shaved, nor have a lion cut. The reason being, we are trying to present the Maine Coon in the wild.
- We reserve the right to end a photoshoot, or not use the photograph in our project, if we feel that your cat dislikes it, or if the picture is not powerful enough. In that case, we will refund any travel fee.
- As photographers, we own any picture taken.
- However, you reserve the right to sign a Model Release for commercial use.
- You have to be on time at specific location. Weather conditions are one of the most important factors in these photos.
- You have to be patient. This is not a 5 minute photo session. It can take up to 2 hours.
WHEN DO WE START?
This is an idea for the year of 2020. As we all know, life happens after we make plans, so anything can be postponed or even not happen at all. It is an heartfelt idea that will enable meeting one another and create more content for this project.